hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vitaliy Semochkin <vitaliy...@gmail.com>
Subject Question regarding maximum row size.
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2019 20:07:51 GMT
Hi,

I have an analytical report that would be very easy to build
if I could store thousands of cells in one row each cell storing about
2kb of information.
I don't need those rows to be stored in any cache, because they will
be used only occasionally for analytical reports in Flink.

The question is, what is the biggest size of a row hbase can handle?
Should I store 2kb rows as MOBs or regular format is ok?

There are old articles that say that large rows, i.e. rows which total
size is large than 10mb, can affect hbase performance,
is this statement still valid for the modern hbase versions?
What is the largest row size  hbase handle theses days without having
issues with performance?
Is it possible to read a row so that it's whole content is not read
into memory (e.g I would like to read row's content cell by cell)?

Best Regards
Vitaliy