hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject SimpleRegionNormalizer - Empty regions
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2019 06:09:36 GMT
Hi,

the docs for the SimpleRegionNormalizer say that empty regions are not
merged.
Looking at the code I don't see anything that actually filters out empty
regions though.

And I have logs here:
2019-05-04 01:17:03,892 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.normalizer.SimpleRegionNormalizer: Table
XXX, small region size: 0 plus its neighbor size: 0, less than the avg size
5068.338632750398, merging them

This is CDH 5.11 so it's a bit older but it already includes the
documentation and I don't see anything in current master branch either.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,
Lars