hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Schlather <jschlat...@hubspot.com>
Subject Region Replicas/Timeline Consistent Reads Questions
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2019 18:15:53 GMT
I'm currently working on testing out the timeline consistent feature
https://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/cdh/5/hbase-0.98.6-cdh5.2.4/book/arch.timelineconsistent.reads.html
and I
had a couple of questions.

1. I setup region replication on a test cluster and everything seemed to be
working fine. I was doing get requests with timeline consistency and stale
results were coming back. Then something happened on the cluster and region
replication appears to be broken. When I look in the jmx endpoint on a
region server all of the replicas are empty and I added additionally
debugging information to the RegionServerCallable and the replica regions
are returning "The region's reads are disabled. Cannot serve the request".
I couldn't find anything errors that seemed to indicate what was wrong in
the region server logs. So, I was wondering what else I could do to debug
this and where I should be looking.

2. I've looked through the documentation and I might have missed something.
But I was wondering if there's any jmx metrics that measure the lag of the
region replicas or what would have to be done to add these metrics. Hbase
does expose replication metrics, but these appear to be for inter-cluster
replication rather than region replicas.

Thanks,
Jacob