hbase-user mailing list archives

From Omri Cohen <Omri_co...@outlook.com>
Subject Mob reference tags go missing
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2019 13:28:59 GMT
Hello,

We recently encountered a problem in our production hbase cluster.
We have a cluster with a high mob percentage ( > 50% of objects are MOB, the threshold
is the default 102400 bytes). The cluster has been active for about a year. Recently, our
clients started to receive the mob reference instead of the mob data when trying to access
certain rows (in most tables about 10% of the rows are bad, in one table it is about 50% of
rows).

When we investigated the HFiles, we saw that the "bad" cells are missing two tags that exist
in the "good" rows, it looks something like that: