hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Is there any way to batch conditional mutations
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2019 05:10:06 GMT
Cosmin:

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 11:18 AM Cosmin Lehene <clehene@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out if I can do any of the following:
>
> * checkAndMutate with more than one condition (e.g. OR)

Doesn't look like it. The CheckAndMutateBuilder implementation only allows
setting one comparator and one value. The CompareOperator is a fixed-set
enum (doesn't have an OR).

> * have multiple checkAndMutate operations batched in order to benefit from
> the rowlock.

Submitted batches of checkAndMutate seem to be grouped up fine by region
but when they get to the server they are applied one at a time getting
rowlock per 'check' (It looks like a bunch of Mutations can go in under
this single check but not multiple checks after acquiring row locks.

Its slow for you Cosmin?

Thanks,