hbase-user mailing list archives

From Duo Zhang <zhang...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache HBase 2.1.7 is now available for download
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 06:45:58 GMT
The HBase team is happy to announce the immediate availability of Apache
HBase 2.1.7.

Download from https://hbase.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache HBase is an open-source, distributed, versioned, non-relational
database. Apache HBase gives you low latency random access to billions of
rows with millions of columns atop non-specialized hardware. To learn more
about HBase, see https://hbase.apache.org/.

HBase 2.1.7 is the latest release of the HBase 2.1 line, continuing on the
theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Apache Big Data
ecosystem and beyond. 2.1.7 includes ~61 bug and improvement fixes done
since the 2.1.6. We upgrade jackson to 2.9.10 due to CVE-2019-16335 and
CVE-2019-14540. We fixed a critical bug in CatalogJanitor which may cause
data loss and it effects 2.1.6 and 2.0.6, please see HBASE-23044 for more
details. There is also a very nice new feature hbtop, please see
HBASE-11062 for more details.

For instructions on verifying ASF release downloads, please see

    https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi#verify

Project member signature keys can be found at

    https://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible!

Best,
The HBase Dev Team