hbase-user mailing list archives

From Trixia Belleza <trixia.bell...@cheetahdigital.com>
Subject Why HBase Delete Reverts Back to Previous Value instead of Totally Deleting it
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2019 03:00:28 GMT
Hbase Apache,

Let's say I have a column named signup_date with a value 2019-09-09. Then I will update this
column to 2019-11-11. So signup_date is now 2019-11-11.

After that, if I delete the signup_date column, I expect it to be gone in the Hbase BUT, it
remains there and it's reverted back to 2019-09-09.

Is this a bug in hbase where deleted columns are reverted back to previous values?