hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase table snapshots compatibility between 1.0 and 2.1
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2019 16:56:38 GMT
Hey Shuai,

You're likely to get some more traction with this question via
contacting Cloudera's customer support channels. We try to keep this
forum focused on Apache HBase versions.

If you are not seeing records after restoring, it sounds like there is
some (missing?) metadata in the old version which is not handled in the
newer versions.

As far as your procedurces, you could combine your
create/disable/restore_snapshot to just use clone_snapshot instead.
However, if there is some incompatibility, this is of little consequence.

You could try to use CopyTable instead of snapshots.