hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting a (contiguous) subset of the columns in a row
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:45:33 GMT
I don't think you would have an easier way to do this without having to
redefine your table layout, so that you split these two groups into
separate column families, and apply this "classification" logic at
insertion time to determine which column family a given cell should go.

Another possibility, if you are able to calculate the possible column label
values in advance, is to add all possible column name values that should
get deleted into the "Delete" operation using "Delete.addColumns" method:
https://hbase.apache.org/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Delete.html#addColumns(byte[],%20byte[])