hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gautham Acharya <gauth...@alleninstitute.org>
Subject Getting single version using HappyBase
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2019 19:41:12 GMT
We currently have an API layer (using AWS Lambda) that is fetching data from a backend AWS
EMR Cluster running Hbase. This API Layer uses HappyBase<https://happybase.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>
to connect to the Hbase cluster.

The API fetches some specified rows and columns in a single query. We now have a use case
to also fetch a specific version or timestamp.

It looks like the HappyBase API row query has a timestamp parameter, but that gets all values
up to the specified timestamp, instead of just that timestamp.

What are some workarounds here? The Java Hbase API allows for fetching a specific version,
but I'd prefer if we didn't have to rewrite our entire API from python to Java.

I'm considering using the REST Api - are there significant performance tradeoffs with that?

--gautham