hbase-user mailing list archives

From "zheng wang" <18031...@qq.com>
Subject Re:Why HBase Delete Reverts Back to Previous Value instead of Totally Deleting it
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2019 07:08:53 GMT
Maybe you used uncorrect method of Delete,the addColumn only can delete one version,and the
addColumns can delete all versions.

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From: "Trixia Belleza"<trixia.belleza@cheetahdigital.com&gt;;
Date: 2019年11月27日(星期三) 中午11:00
To: "user"<user@hbase.apache.org&gt;;
Subject: Why HBase Delete Reverts Back to Previous Value instead of Totally Deleting it

Hbase Apache,

Let's say I have a column named signup_date with a value 2019-09-09. Then I will update this
column to 2019-11-11. So signup_date is now 2019-11-11.

After that, if I delete the signup_date column, I expect it to be gone in the Hbase BUT, it
remains there and it's reverted back to 2019-09-09.

Is this a bug in hbase where deleted columns are reverted back to previous values?