hbase-user mailing list archives

From 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Bump hadoop versions on up coming 2.3.0 and 3.0.0 releases
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2020 00:34:55 GMT
Hadoop now has a wiki page to show the EOL releases lines

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/EOL+(End-of-life)+Release+Branches

2.8.x is finally dead, so we'd better at least upgrade to 2.9.x in newer
release lines.

And in this announcement

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r348f7bc93a522f05b7cce78a911854d128a6b1b8bd8124bad4d06ce6%40%3Cuser.hadoop.apache.org%3E

They even say you'd better upgrade to 2.10+.

For me, I prefer we just bump the hadoop version of 2.3.0 directly to
2.10.0, as 2.9.x is almost dead too. And since we still support hadoop
2.9.x on 2.2.x release line, which is the current stable release line,
which should be fine for users.

And for master branch, I suggest we just drop all the support for hadoop
2.x and bump hadoop to 3.1.x directly.

Thoughts? Thanks.