hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kien Truong <duckientru...@gmail.com>
Subject How to change Date Tiered Compaction Promotion Time ?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2020 04:09:43 GMT
Hi all,

We are testing Date Tiered Compaction but encounter a problem with the
promotion time. In the default configuration, at 00:00 UTC every day, there
is a compaction storm when all the store files of the previous day is
promoted and compacted, and possibly all the store files for the previous 4
days as well. We would like to move this promotion time so that it would
fall into our offpeak hours. How can we achieve this ?

Thanks,

Kien