hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wei-Chiu Chuang <weic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Bump hadoop versions on up coming 2.3.0 and 3.0.0 releases
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2020 00:56:38 GMT
+1 I'd like to encourage the community to update and reduce the Hadoop 2.x
presence as much as possible.

There is not an official DISCUSS/VOTE thread to EOL Hadoop 2.9 yet, even
though so far the feedback has been quite receptive to the idea.

Hadoop 2.10 is meant to be a "bridge release" for those who are not ready
to upgrade to Hadoop 3.x.
Given that the main contributors (LinkedIn, Microsoft and Verizon Media)
are on 2.10, bypassing 2.9 altogether, the Hadoop 2.9 is not going to get
much attention. Looking at git history, branch-2.9's got just 13 commits.