hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kang Minwoo <minwoo.k...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Is there any way to check the system stop is requested in performCompaction over time?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2020 04:49:32 GMT
HBase version is 1.2.9
The region was closed after a few minutes of about 1min.

I use a coprocessor that implements BaseRegionObserver.
The purpose is for deleting data with an expired retention period.

My coprocessor return Custom scanner in BaseRegionObserver.preCompact and when scan type is
COMPACT_DROP_DELETES.
The custom scanner does only check row key (row key contain time) and if row key range is
expired retention period, scanner returns empty List<Cell> result.

While the region does performCompaction[1], the region got a request that is a close region.
writesEnabled is changed false. and then performCompaction is stopped only if writing bytes
is over hbase.hstore.close.check.interval config[2].

In my case, there are too many expired retention period data. therefore the scanner returns
nothing. so writing bytes is zero. It occurs pending close.

The reason why I do not use a TTL. Because the retention period changed dynamically by users.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/compactions/Compactor.java#L367
[2]: https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/compactions/Compactor.java#L420-L429

Best regards,
Minwoo Kang

보낸 사람: Stack <stack@duboce.net>
보낸 날짜: 2020년 2월 29일 토요일 02:07
받는 사람: Hbase-User
제목: Re: Is there any way to check the system stop is requested in performCompaction over
time?

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 8:20 PM Kang Minwoo <minwoo.kang@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello Users.
>
> Is there any way to check the system stop is requested in
> performCompaction over time?
>
> When the region got a close request, the region should wait there is no
> compaction and flush.
> However, in performCompaction method checked periodically only by write
> bytes.
> If write bytes is too small or scanner returns empty cells, the region
> status persists pending close.
>
> Best regards,
> Minwoo Kang

Please provide a bit more context. Link to code. Version. Is Region not
closing?
Thanks,