hive-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Zoltan Haindrich (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (HIVE-18823) Vectorization: introduce qtest for SUM (IF/WHEN) with vectorization for ORC
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2018 08:23:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-18823?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Zoltan Haindrich updated HIVE-18823:
------------------------------------
    Resolution: Fixed
        Status: Resolved  (was: Patch Available)

pushed to master. Thank you [~abstractdog] for adding this test!

> Vectorization: introduce qtest for SUM (IF/WHEN) with vectorization for ORC
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-18823
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-18823
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Test
>          Components: Hive
>    Affects Versions: 2.3.0
>            Reporter: Laszlo Bodor
>            Assignee: Laszlo Bodor
>            Priority: Major
>             Fix For: 4.0.0
>
>         Attachments: HIVE-18823.01.patch
>
>
> HIVE-16110 introduced some issues when using SUM aggregations with WHEN clause.
>  As far as I can see, there is no separate qtests for validating that, vectorized_case
is quite close, but not the same.
> The test case would be:
> {code:java}
> set hive.vectorized.execution.enabled=false;
> drop table if exists vectorization_sum_if_when_a;
> drop table if exists vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> create table vectorization_sum_if_when_a (x int) stored as orc;
> insert into table vectorization_sum_if_when_a values (0), (1), (0), (NULL), (NULL), (NULL),
(NULL), (NULL), (NULL), (NULL);
> create table vectorization_sum_if_when_b (x int) stored as orc;
> insert into table vectorization_sum_if_when_b select least(t1.x + t2.x + t3.x + t4.x,
1) from vectorization_sum_if_when_a t1, vectorization_sum_if_when_a t2, vectorization_sum_if_when_a
t3, vectorization_sum_if_when_a t4;
> select count(*), x from vectorization_sum_if_when_b group by x;
> select sum(IF(x is null, 1, 0)), count(1) from vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> select sum(IF(x=1, 1, 0)), count(1) from vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> select sum((case WHEN x = 1 THEN 1 else 0 end)) from vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> select sum((case WHEN x = 1 THEN 1 else 0 end)), sum((case WHEN x = 1 THEN 1 when x is
null then 0 else 0 end)) from vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> set hive.vectorized.execution.enabled=true;
> select sum(IF(x is null, 1, 0)), count(1) from vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> select sum(IF(x=1, 1, 0)), count(1) from vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> select sum((case WHEN x = 1 THEN 1 else 0 end)) from vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> select sum((case WHEN x = 1 THEN 1 else 0 end)), sum((case WHEN x = 1 THEN 1 when x is
null then 0 else 0 end)) from vectorization_sum_if_when_b;
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Mime
View raw message