hive-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hive QA (Jira)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-23206) Project not defined correctly after reordering a join
Date Fri, 01 May 2020 09:31:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-23206?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17097267#comment-17097267
] 

Hive QA commented on HIVE-23206:
--------------------------------



Here are the results of testing the latest attachment:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/13001723/HIVE-23206.4.patch

{color:green}SUCCESS:{color} +1 due to 1 test(s) being added or modified.

{color:red}ERROR:{color} -1 due to 1 failed/errored test(s), 17193 tests executed
*Failed tests:*
{noformat}
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.TestScheduledReplicationScenarios.testAcidTablesReplLoadBootstrapIncr
(batchId=205)
{noformat}

Test results: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/22051/testReport
Console output: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/22051/console
Test logs: http://104.198.109.242/logs/PreCommit-HIVE-Build-22051/

Messages:
{noformat}
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.TestCheckPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.PrepPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.YetusPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ExecutionPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ReportingPhase
Tests exited with: TestsFailedException: 1 tests failed
{noformat}

This message is automatically generated.

ATTACHMENT ID: 13001723 - PreCommit-HIVE-Build

> Project not defined correctly after reordering a join
> -----------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-23206
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-23206
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: CBO
>            Reporter: Steve Carlin
>            Assignee: Krisztian Kasa
>            Priority: Major
>         Attachments: HIVE-23206.1.patch, HIVE-23206.2.patch, HIVE-23206.3.patch, HIVE-23206.4.patch
>
>
> The following highlighted line seems to be incorrect in the test suite:
> [https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/master/ql/src/test/results/clientpositive/perf/tez/cbo_query95.q.out#L89]
> Note that the project takes all the columns from the table scan, yet it only needs a
couple of them.
> I did some very small debugging on this.  When I removed the applyJoinOrderingTransform
here: [https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/master/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/CalcitePlanner.java#L1897]
> ... the problem goes away.  So presumably one of the rules in there is causing the problem.
> Here is a slightly simplified version of the query which has the same problem (using
the same tpc-ds database):
> explain cbo with ws_wh as
> (select ws1.ws_order_number
> from web_sales ws1,web_returns wr2 
> where ws1.ws_order_number = wr2.wr_order_number)
> select 
>    ws_order_number
> from
>    web_sales ws1 
> where
> ws1.ws_order_number in (select wr_order_number
>                             from web_returns,ws_wh
>                             where wr_order_number = ws_wh.ws_order_number)
>  



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.4#803005)

Mime
View raw message