hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: [SPAM] - set a java.lang.Integer inside a construct element - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:26:39 GMT
There may not.  We ran into this problem before with the java.lang.String
type within a Java Web Start client.  There's a bug out there in JIRA for it
and I provided the patch which fixed it.  My suggestion was to use the
commons beanutils classes rather than the property editors, but we want to
minimize the dependencies HiveMind has (aside from Javassist, obviously), so
we're sticking with the core JDK classes.  We basically short-circuited the
property editor lookup if the target property type was String (as converting
String to String is somewhat trivial).  Are you running within a webstart
client?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Gibson [mailto:Steve.Gibson@cowww.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 10:17 AM
To: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: [SPAM] - set a java.lang.Integer inside a construct element -
Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

Taken from the javadocs for java.beans.ProperttEditorManager

Default PropertyEditors will be provided for the Java primitive types
"boolean", "byte", "short", "int", "long", "float", and "double"; and
for the classes java.lang.String. java.awt.Color, and java.awt.Font.

Steve Gibson