hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: HiveMind filter timing question
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:22:50 GMT
What exactly are you trying to do?  When exactly are you trying to use the
serialization/deserialization service which is managed by HiveMind?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hensley, Richard [mailto:Richard.Hensley@McKesson.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 1:42 PM
To: 'hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: HiveMind filter timing question

We are using the hivemind filter in our application. One of the HiveMind
services is used for interaction with the database. This service is used
during serialization and deserialization of database persistent objects. We
are using Tomcat which will serialize and deserialize sessions during a
normal restart. What we have discovered is that HiveMind is not available
because the filter has been shutdown by the time that Tomcat serializes the
session. We still don't know, but we suspect, that HiveMind won't be
available by the time that Tomcat deserializes the sessions.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Our only thought was to use a different filter that is not responsible for
building the registry, but is responsible for thread clean up stuff. This
suffers from application reload issues, which are currently handled by the
filter.

Help!!!

Richard