hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>
Subject service+configuration - how?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:43:52 GMT
Hi!

I currently use hivemind to retreive instances of interface-implementations.
(instanciation of a class for the service-interface).

I'd like to combine this with some specific properties for configuring
the implementation.

I find the examples on configuration-points and contributions somewhat
hard to understand. (It seems that I have to create a separate class for
the config - and call this from the implementation - instead of
declaring it all in the Hivemind config-file).

What I would like is some private static variables in the
implementation-class to be set when instanciated.

Lets's say this is the iface:

interface IMyService {
    public void methodA();
}

and the implementation:
public class MyService implements IMyService{
    final static private String aStringProp;
    final static private Integer anIntegerProp;

    public void methodA(){
       //do something
}
}

how could I do this the easiest way through the use of HiveMind, such
that when I retrieve the service through the registry, the constructed
object would automatically have it's properties set?

I'd rather avoid having a separate class for configuration as I find
this too fine-grained.

Thanks in advance - and thanks for a great API!

Kind regards,
David Karlsen