hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SPAM] - Retrieve configuration as a Map - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:09:48 GMT
What about:

<set-object property="foo"
object="mapped-configuration:MyConfiguration:keyProperty"/>

This would be easy to implement; it takes a configuration's List,
creates a Map from it based on a named keyProperty and assigns that
Map to the property of the contructed service.

Can you just tell that I love the ObjectProvider concept?  I wish I
had thought of it much earlier.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:56:42 -0500, Steve Gibson <steve.gibson@cowww.com> wrote:
> Its too bad we couldn't specify Collection and be able to mutate a
> Collection to a Map.
> An EntrySet is a Set, could be expressed as a List, but forms the basis
> for a Map.
>
> Too bad the Collections framework doesn't do this for us...
>
> Steve Gibson

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind