hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Johan Lindquist" <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Overriding services
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:25:02 GMT
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:10:57 +0100, Knut Wannheden
<knut.wannheden@gmail.com> wrote:

> <...>
> But I see where you're getting at.  This is an area where I think it
> could be interesting if the Registry exposed an additional method to
> "autowire" an object.  E.g.
>
> registry.injectServices(mockService);

I can definately see the use of this - especially if it can also deal with
static methods as well ... Realise that this is probably not the best of
good code practises, but I am currently dealing with Xalan extensions and
haven't figured out how to provide it with a object factory for the
extension handlers just yet (don't think it is even possible) ...

So, have resorted to pre-initializing the service fields of the class
(using static methods) for now, but would be nice if Hivemind helped here
too ...

Johan

you too?