hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Knut Wannheden <knut.wannhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: property list
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:39:25 GMT
Jason,

For simple property types (e.g. boolean, int, String, Class) you can
use the <set> element (please refer to the BuilderFactory
documentation http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/hivemind/BuilderFactory.html).
 For a List type property you will normally want to use a
<set-configuration> und thus define a HiveMind configuration point for
the list and contribute the List elements to that extension point.

Your other alternative (if you really don't want to use a
configuration for some reason) would be to use <set> or <set-object>
in which case you will have to implement a HiveMind object provider or
translator which will somehow construct the list from a String for
you.  But as I said I think a configuration is what you are looking
for.

HTH,

--knut