hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Howto log parameter values for construct using invoke-factory
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:02:14 GMT

Hi Joacim,

The values will not be logged unless you enable debugging
for the com.mycompany.services.MyService category (as you have seen I
assume from your comment about production vs debug).

An interceptor won't help either in this case since the set operation
happens on the core implementation.

For what it is worth, we tend to add this sort of output in the
intializeService method - where we also do some sanity check about
services being available etc.

Cheers,

Johan

Joacim Turesson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have recently started to work with HiveMind.
>
> Is it possible to log the parameter values used when construct is called
> for invoke-factory?
> May I use an interceptor? If so how?
> Or do I have to implement my own BuildFactory?
>
> I'm not sure if I make any sense, below is an example:
>
> <service-point id="MyService" interface="com.mycompany.services.MyService">
>    <invoke-factory service-id="hivemind.BuilderFactory" model="singleton">
>       <construct class="com.mycompany.services.MyServiceImpl">
>          <string>
>             ${service/myservice/param}
>          </string>
>       </construct>
>    </invoke-factory>
> </service-point>
>
> I want to log the value of ${service/myservice/param} and I want to log
> it in production, not just when debugging.
>
> Tanks in advance!
>
> Best regards
>
> Joacim Turesson

- --