httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Translating Korean Documentation
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 11:28:02 GMT
On Dienstag, 26. Februar 2019 11:30:53 CET Lucien Gentis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, let's wait for some korean file to commit.
>
> Summary for switching fr language to UTF-8 :
>
> 1. Replace all occurrences of "ISO-8859-1" by "UTF-8" in following files :
> manual/style/manual.fr.xsl
> manual/style/xsl/util/designations.xml (only for fr line)
> manual/style/lang/fr.xml

> 2. Replace all occurrences of "html.fr" by "html.fr.utf8" in following
> files :
>
> manual/style/xsl/util/designations.xml
> manual/style/lang-targets.xml
> manual/style/lang/fr.xml

Actually, just change lang/fr.xml (both for encoding and extension) and then
run `build bootstrap`. That should cover all this.

Originally it was made for adding new languages, but of course, changes go
the same way.

> 3. Rename all *.html.fr files to *.html.fr.utf8 through "svn mv ..."
> command then rebuild (am I right, André ?)

check.

> 4. Change svnmailer:content-charset property of manual/ through this
> command :
>
> svn pe svnmailer:UTF-8 manual

svn pe svnmailer:content-charset manual

On Folders it allows for elaborate globs for all the expected files.

On files it allows only setting it for that file:

svn ps svnmailer:content-charset UTF-8 lang/fr.xml

and then commit.

(and now I hope, I didn't miss anything :-)
Cheers,

> Le 25/02/2019 à 21:23, André Malo a écrit :
> > William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> >>
> >> the same time:
> >>
> >> Correct, neither of the above should be needed, when the output
> >> file is named .utf8 and we already correctly process the individual
> >> language tags before processing the charset (including for svnmailer,
> >> I would hope!)
> >
> > The svnmailer is pretty much agnostic when it comes to extensions. Just
> > looked up the config and here's the one for the main manual files:
> >
> > $ svn pg svnmailer:content-charset manual/
> > # charsets to recognize by the svnmailer
> >
> > # Korean
> > *.xml.ko = euc-kr
> > *.html.ko.euc-kr = euc-kr
> > [...]
> >
> > If you look at the full output, there is, however, potential for
> > simplifcation>
> > :-)
> >
> > The language files are special, they're configured individually:
> >
> > $ svn pg svnmailer:content-charset manual/style/lang/*.xml
> > [...]
> > manual/style/lang/ko.xml - euc-kr
> > [...]
> >
> > Cheers,
> > nd

package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://pub.perlig.de  #