httpd-mbox-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: MBOX url format
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:45:41 GMT
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 08:43:46AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Just for the record, this URL was produced from the Location: bar from
> my browser. The URLs generated from mod_mbox appear to be properly escaped
> for the < and > cases. For some reason my Netscape chose to unescape it.
> Could be a Netscape bug, or could be something we're doing that makes
> Netscape want to unescape it for display in the Location: bar.
>
> I think I mentioned this before, but we may want to just parse out and
> remove the < and >'s from the MessageIDs, assuming all MessageIDs have
> them. (I'm just suggesting, not volunteering :)

% mozilla --version
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20010914, build 2001091501

Pasted from Mozilla's Location bar:

http://www.apachelabs.org/apache-mbox/200109.mbox/%3c9CF6FAED416EA043A968ED643E1371950C4D00@prima-exc01.cidadei.com.br%3e

% netscape --version
Netscape 4.78/U.S., 25-Jun-01; (c) 1995-2000 Netscape Communications Corp.

Pasted from Netscape's Location bar:

http://www.apachelabs.org/apache-mbox/200109.mbox/%3c9CF6FAED416EA043A968ED643E1371950C4D00@prima-exc01.cidadei.com.br%3e

If you would like to go through and normalize the Message-IDs by
removing the <>s, you would have to be my guest.  =)

I'll warn you that it makes the parsing harder to perform if you
make it different than what the actual Message-ID MIME header
value is.  -- justin