httpd-mbox-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r161526 - httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/module-2.0/mod-mbox-util.c httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/module-2.0/mod_mbox_index.c
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 07:44:54 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 12:36:42AM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
>
>>I avoided making such a directive, because mod-mbox-util needed to konw
>>which files to ignore too.
>

> Is that truly the case?  Couldn't mod-mbox-util create a summary index that
> lists the counts of all the files in the directory and then mod_mbox just
> ignore whatever files are in the httpd directive when creating the summary for
> the user?  So, I'm not so sure they'd have to be in agreement.  -- justin

In the future, mod-mbox-util needs to know what files should be added to
a full text index -- that means you don't want incomplete files included
in such an index.. You could always have the Apache Module prune those
from the search results at runtime, but that seems far more complicated
to me.

-Paul