httpd-mbox-dev mailing list archives

From Rolando Abarca <m...@rolando.cl>
Subject Re: TODO for mod_mbox
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:28:19 GMT
On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 02:13:25AM +0200, Florian Heinemann wrote:

> Good idea, but do you really think that this works in practice? I
> estimate that more than a half of the mails will be put into the default
> categorie, because the people who don't use the web-interface won't
> think about that categories. Or don't I get it?

of course that more than a half of the mails will be on the default
category, but the idea is that to publish content on the web *and* send
it to the mailing list send a special subject.
You have to warn the mailing list users to think before posting if they
want to put their messages on the web.
Even more, the "default" category doesn't need to be be on the web at
all...
Thinking it now, I see that it's too far from the original mod_mbox
intention, and maybe it's not bad, but perhaps it should be a separate
module...

> But generally I think the idea of some filter is extendable.

of course.

--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]