httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Nilsson <anils...@apple.com>
Subject post response hook
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:20:55 GMT
Is there a hook that runs after a response is sent to client but before the process (prefork
execution model) is queued up to take another request?

We have a module that, as part of its job, is to accept uploaded files and stash them away
at a special place.  I would like to add functionality such that the uploaded file also gets
sent to 1 or more other servers for backup purposes.  However, I don't want the client to
have to wait for all of those distribution events before it gets told that everything is OK.
 If there is no hook that would work for this, is it safe to spawn a pthread to simply send
the file elsewhere then die?

any suggestions welcome.

alan