httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: post response hook
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:36:18 GMT
On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 2:22 PM Alan Nilsson <anilsson@apple.com> wrote:

> Is there a hook that runs after a response is sent to client but before the process (prefork
execution model) is queued up to take another request?

> We have a module that, as part of its job, is to accept uploaded files and stash them
away at a special place.  I would like to add functionality such that the uploaded file also
gets sent to 1 or more other servers for backup purposes.  However, I don't want the client
to have to wait for all of those distribution events before it gets told that everything is
OK.  If there is no hook that would work for this, is it safe to spawn a pthread to simply
send the file elsewhere then die?

Two simple options -- you can either use log_transaction or register a
cleanup on the request pool at any earlier request hook.