httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Nilsson <anils...@apple.com>
Subject Re: post response hook
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2018 22:37:39 GMT
I like the clean up handler idea, I'll look into that

thanks Eric.

alan

> On Jun 25, 2018, at 11:36 AM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 2:22 PM Alan Nilsson <anilsson@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a hook that runs after a response is sent to client but before the process
(prefork execution model) is queued up to take another request?

>> We have a module that, as part of its job, is to accept uploaded files and stash
them away at a special place.  I would like to add functionality such that the uploaded file
also gets sent to 1 or more other servers for backup purposes.  However, I don't want the
client to have to wait for all of those distribution events before it gets told that everything
is OK.  If there is no hook that would work for this, is it safe to spawn a pthread to simply
send the file elsewhere then die?