httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reference to core request fails during compile
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:23:55 GMT
On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 4:00 PM miim <xxdpplus@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Eric, you nailed the problem down precisely.
>
> Unfortunately while digging through the core source code it develops that getting the
document root out of the core data structures is not a 100% reliable solution.  Comments associated
with the document root entries specifically state that If the URI has been internally rewritten
to use a filename that is permitted but out of the server root, then the data in those entries
does not apply to the specific request.

> This was all prompted by an issue in mod_nsf.  The incoming URL was of the form
>
> http://www.server.com/index.html/wp-includes/wlwmanifest.xml
>
> but mod_nsf found r->filename to contain
>
> /www/server-root/index.html
>
> instead of (what I would consider to be correct)
>
> /www/server-root/index.html/wp-includes/wlwmanifest.xml
>
> which caused mod_nsf to say "Yes, the file's there, request is OK" instead of "Crafty,
but still no such file, put 'em on the ban list."

> I'll need to think on this a bit more before going back to it.

You'll find the rest in r->path_info as in CGI's PATH_INFO.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com