httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: More basics on the perl-framework stuff..
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2001 15:16:44 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

 > On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
 >

 >>I was thinking some more about this issue and came to a conclusion that
 >>there is nothing we should add, since we have already a working solution:
 >>

 > close, but the current .pm scanner a bit too specific to mod_perl in
terms
 > of location (where the .pm's have to live) and magic performed.  how
about
 > scanning for *.t.conf (or whatever extension), that just does the
 > $self->add_module_config and $self->run_apache_test_config parts?
 >
 > then we could have:
 > t/modules/access.t
 > t/modules/access.t.conf

That means two different ways to add configuration. Why cannot we make
the .pm scanner more generic? e.g. scan everything under t/. The magic
is not mod_perl specific. The __DATA__ section can work for non-modperl,
so does APACHE_TEST_CONFIGURE. So if you want the extra config just
create the .pm file anywhere (or in a special location if we don't make
the scanner=='scan all') the same way if you wanted to created the
response part, but just leave the response part out.

Think of it as naming access.pm instead of access.t.conf.

Of course I realize that there can be other .pm files which shouldn't be
scanned, and if they do get scanned, something should tell the scanner
whether it's a candidate for having an extra configuration, or just a
package (e.g. I create PerlRequire.pm packages for the testing and they
aren't handlers)

I think if we scan only the 't/response' directory that would be
actually fine. In fact we can move the modperl response files under
t/response (those that aren't there yet).