httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Quick flood question...
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 19:39:39 GMT
On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 01:14:07PM -0500, Chris Williams wrote:
> I am hacking around in flood to change how it handles cookies.  What I am
> trying to do is have the current cookie list freed once a farmer completes a
> round.  I think I found where to do this in round_robin_loop_condition.  My
> question is how to free the cookie struct since it is using the apr_pcalloc
> to get the memory.  I could just NULL out rp->cookie but will that cause
> memory growth in the long run?  Any suggestions would be great.

Yes, it'll cause memory growth when rp->cookie gets repopulated. I've
been meaning to rethink how we do memory cleanups in flood for awhile, but
for now you might want to just call apr_pool_clear() after each "round".
Eventually we'll have a pool for each of the necessary lifetimes (farm,
farmer, profile, urllist, url, etc...), and one for each iteration
thereof, so we can have very fine grained memory control.

-aaron