httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Myers <...@sumthin.nu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:25:32 GMT
On Jan 05, 2002 at 11:07:03 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:

> > But we shouldn't permit this to mask the
> > existing problem of servers not being shut down at end of
> > testing..
>
> You mean this options introduces some new problems? It shouldn't change
> anything at all. All it does is doing the port selection for you.

If the tests fail, pass, or shoot off fireworks, they should
shut down the servers. No question. I've had problems with
that in the old tests and it's just as relevant today.

No matter what, those servers need to be shut down.
Otherwise you're leaving an unexpected port open on a
potentially live machine.

--rick