httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Recent perl-frameworks broke 1.3 testing..?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 05:22:16 GMT

> Sorry I'm not using that bug_report.pl (or whatever it
> was) script, Stas, but it doesn't appear to be part of
> the httpd-test repository.  Apologies also for not being
> much help in debugging these things, but I just can't
> trace my way through the Deep Magic variety of Perl
> used here..

It's moved. Now it's autogenerated and named t/REPORT.

Whenever you have a hanging problem in Perl, the solution is very
simple. Put into your code this:

   use Carp ();
   $SIG{'USR2'} = sub {
      Carp::confess("caught SIGUSR2!");
   };

and then kill the process with:

% kill -USR2 PID

And the printed trace will tell you exactly where the code hangs.