httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Recent perl-frameworks broke 1.3 testing..?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:31:15 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> it says that the code hangs on line 570 in
> Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm. But sometimes compiler get confused
> by a few lines, so I'm not sure where exactly the problem is. Can you
> please check if it hangs after $self->start()? e.g. add die() after it:
>
>      $self->start;
>
>      $self->run_tests;
>
> or put the compiler line counter hint before $self->start():
>
> #line 568
>      $self->start;
>
>      $self->run_tests;

Did this (the #line), and applied your exit-fix patch to TestRun.pm as well.
(Exit status after the SIGUSR2 was 255.)  Here's what it says:

using Apache/1.3.23-dev
waiting for server to start: ok (waited 0 secs)
server localhost:8529 started
server localhost:8530 listening (mod_headers)
server localhost:8531 listening (mod_vhost_alias)
caught SIGUSR2! at t/TEST line 19
        main::__ANON__('USR2') called at /home/coar/httpd-test/perl-framework/t/../Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm
line 570
        Apache::TestRun::run('Apache::TestRun=HASH(0x8588ef0)', '-v', 'modules/access') called
at t/TEST line 22

> probably need to add an alarm or see if we need to supply a timeout for
> UserAgent calls.

Tell me what you want me to add.  Can you reproduce this with
your own vanilla framework and Apache 1.3 server?

> Also can you please try again with the patch I've sent in a few
> hours ago?

That was included in this.

> > BTW, it hung all night last night -- like for over 7 hours.  I
> > started it before I went to bed.
>
> well, once it hangs it hangs :)

I thought there might be a timeout I was too impatient to be
hitting..
--
#ken	P-)}