httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:07:03 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> stas@apache.org wrote:
>
>>- implement '-port select' feature, so many t/TEST's can be run in
>>parallel without forcing the user to assign non-colliding port numbers.
>>

> Yay!  Thanks!

Unfortunately it still suffers from the race condition, since there is a
long time between checking on port's availability and bind. So far I
didn't find any good solutions to this problem, other than checking
again whether the configured port is available just before bind(), and
if it does start from scratch. Which mean that if you run many t/TEST's
at the same time it can take a while before all of them will take off.
:( I'll keep on trying finding a better solution.

> But we shouldn't permit this to mask the
> existing problem of servers not being shut down at end of
> testing..

You mean this options introduces some new problems? It shouldn't change
anything at all. All it does is doing the port selection for you.