httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: perl-framework server startup
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:37:30 GMT
Here I come, being a pain again..

I'd like to be able to differentiate between a failure
of some tests and failure of the harness.  That is,
if some of the tests failed, that may be expected --
but if the harness fails, I want to be able to say
'whoa.'

This turned up in last night's run of my autotester,
which now displays the t/logs/error_log if it detects
a error exit code from t/TEST.  The harness ran just
fine, but some of the tests failed -- so I got the
2MB error_log even though I didn't want it.  I [currently]
only want to see the error_log if the *harness* failed.

Suggestions?  Maybe ORing the status with some value
(like 0x1000) if the failure was in the harness itself
(e.g., unable to start the server)?
--
#ken	P-)}