httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Recent perl-frameworks broke 1.3 testing..?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 19:22:32 GMT
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> > Found the problem, temporary replace
> >
> > $child_pid = open $child_in_pipe, "|$cmd";
> >
> > with:
> >
> > system "$cmd &";
> >
> > in Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestServer.pm
>
> Thanks, I'll try that..
>
> > Any ideas why this doesn't work with 1.3? Something goes wrong
> > with the spawned process.
>
> Not at the moment; I lack context (like the value of $cmd).

the value of $cmd is what get printed, e.g. with 1.3:

/home/stas/httpd/1.3/bin/httpd -X -d
/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-test/perl-framework/t -f
/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-test/perl-framework/t/conf/httpd.conf
-DAPACHE1 -DPERL_USEITHREADS

now you have the context :) , also see my last email, there is a
difference between how apache restarts with 1.x and 2.x.

> > BTW, how do you build your 1.3? For some reason I don't get support
> > utils built with 'make' have to cd to support and make again.
>
> The utils are built by 'make install' not by 'make', ISTR.

well they don't seem to get built for me. I have to do it manually. Could
be some libtool problem. So what are you build args so I can try them?