httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:01:15 GMT

> Good point. Is the following correct:
>
>     plan tests => 5, have 'LWP', 'Crypt::SSLeay';

you can use have_lwp() to check for LWP support.  have_module() is handy too.

> OK. FYI, I didn't see anything about this in the docs. I looked at the
> t/ dir in Apache::Test and only see request.t and ping.t. The
> extra.conf.in was basically empty. Which other test suites did you have
> in mind?

the mod_perl test suite, as well as a number of CPAN modules.  take a peek
at the Apache modules under

http://search.cpan.org/~geoff/
and
http://search.cpan.org/~stas/

many of which have Apache-Test based tests.

> So in my case the TEST script that runs my tests is acting as the
> client? I'm not seeing how creating a response handler is going to make
> this work. Is the response handler setup in the extra.conf.in or with a
> test?

see

http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#Developing_Response_and_Request_Parts_of_a_Test

I've only been following this thread half-heartedly, but a number of the
questions you raise make me wonder if you've really read the available
documentation for Apache-Test.

I wrote a rather simple article that tries to introduce it

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/05/22/testing.html

which has links to other documentation at the end.  the example given in the
article covers both mp1 and mp2, and has links to sample tarballs, which you
might try using as a fresh starting point for your work.

HTH

--Geoff