httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestRun.pm
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:12:43 GMT
stas@apache.org wrote:
> stas        2004/01/18 00:08:39

>   +if $self->{reconfigure} is true, make sure to perform a complete
>   +reconfiguration, to solve the bug where conf.in files weren't reparsed
>   +and vhost hostport info was getting lost on subsequent runs when
>   +APACHE env var was set (one of the cases when $self->{reconfigure} is
>   +true). [Stas]
>   +
[...]
>   +    if (!$refreshed && $self->{reconfigure}) {
>   +        # XXX: there is a whole bunch of reasons, see above where
>   +        # $self->{reconfigure} is defined, could add reasons there or
>   +        # may be move the logic from there here?
>   +        warning "forcing re-configuration";
>   +        unless ($refreshed) {
>   +            $self->refresh;
>   +            $refreshed = 1;
>   +            $test_config = $self->{test_config};
>   +        }
>   +    }
>   +

That configure/reconfigure logic becomes more and more twisted and it takes
ages to figure out what's going wrong if there is a problem :( Hope one day
someone will be up to rewrite this growing spaghetti. But I think what we
really need first, is a test suite for A-T itself (with hundreds of possible
invocation options and various sequences), since it's so easy to break things
when fixing other things. once we have it it safe to start thinking about
rewrite/refactoring, may be in chunks, since we know we won't break what we
have already.