httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: CPAN.pm + Apache::Test
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:52:43 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
>> I'm sure this has been discussed before, but is there any way of doing
>> something to make Apache::Test not crash and burn when I try to install
>> it from the CPAN shell?  At the moment I can't install it through the
>> shell, which also breaks libapreq, Bricolage, etc.  I had to
>> force the install.  I'd prefer no tests at all to blowing up and killing
>> my bundle install.
>>
>> I suppose this is as much a CPAN shell issue as anything, since there
>> just isn't a nice way to tell it to skip the tests, or to have it run as
>> a non-privileged user until the install.
>

> This is already resolved in the cvs version, and pending a new release,
> after some of the folks here will report that it's all working.

Oh, from seeing your followup to the modperl list, I can see you were talking
about the 'install-as-root' problem and not missing -httpd/-apxs issue (please
be more specific in the future). So no, this problem hasn't been resolved.

I guess instead of dieing we could have prompted the user whether they wanted
to skip the test (suggesting the possible implications), but not skip it by
default.