httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jayson Strudwick" <jstrudw...@whatevercomputes.com>
Subject Re: SetEnvIf Woes
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:04:20 GMT
> Jayson Strudwick wrote:
> >
> > I have checked the documentation numerous times,
> > I have looked at examples provided online, and for
> > some reason I still can not get the SetEnvIf directive
> > to work as I expected it to.
> >
> > I have a directory password protected via an .htaccess
> > file using the mod_auth directives, that all works fine.
> >
> > What I am playing around with is logging authenticated
> > requests to the server to one logfile, and all the rest
> > to a second logfile. I am attempting to use the following
> > within the VirtualHost definition.
> >         SetEnvIfNoCase REMOTE_USER "<username>" login
> >         CustomLog logfile_auth combined env=login
> >         CustomLog logfile combined env=!login
>
> I've not used this directive before, but there seems to be a case-error:
> "REMOTE_USER" should be "Remote_User".
>
> Also, you're not using these directives in a .htaccess file are you? If
> so, they can't go there (well, SetEnvIfNoCase can but CustomLog can't).
> try the whole shebang in httpd.conf.
>
> Rgds,
>
> Owen Boyle.

I had tried it both upper and lower case, then I looked at the source
for SetEnvIf and found out that it doesn't matter, it uses a case
insensitive comparison.

Line 271 of setenvif.c:

        else if (!strcasecmp(fname, "remote_user")) {
            new->special_type = SPECIAL_REMOTE_USER;

I am using these directives inside a VirtualHost definition, which is
in turn inside the server config file. The current problem is that all
information is logging to one file, not being seperated into two.

Jayson Strudwick