httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Hook" <mh...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: Drop port and hide multiple servers behind one fixed address?
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 05:44:58 GMT
Thanks Joshua,

I've just had a look through the name based virtual
hosting and I'm not certain this is what I want or not.

To simplify things a bit what I want is the
following.  Lets say I have two physical servers
behind a firewall.  On the first is apache.
On the second is MS IIS.  They are accessable
using the following URL's

http://www.domain
http://www.otherdomain:8001

Server one has an IP Address of 192.168.2.1
Server two has an IP address of 192.168.2.2

These reside behind a firewall in a DMZ.
The address of the firewall is 10.10.10.10

The redirection currently looks like this:
10.10.10.10:80 -> 192.168.2.1:80
10.10.10.10:8001 -> 192.168.2.2:80

What I'd like to be able to do is allow someone
who points their browser to http://www.otherdomain
to not reach www.domain but www.otherdomain
At the moment you have to specify www.otherdomain:8001 to reach the other domain.

How would I configure apache to do this?
Can I do it without the current port redirection?

Cheers,

Matt