httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Edward Thomas" <...@cyno.co.uk>
Subject mod_bandwidth problems
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:12:05 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use mod_bandwith to limit the bandwidth used by a webserver,
particularly when serving large files, I have placed the following in my
httpd.conf

BandWidthModule On       #turn on bandwidth control
BandWidthPulse 100000    #check bandwith every 100ms
BandWidth all 20480      #limit to 20k/s on all files
LargeFileLimit 80 10240  #limit to 10k/s on files > 80k

This is in my main server config and is repeated for good measure in all the
virtual server directives but it does not seem to have any effect, I can
still download from the server at over 90Kbytes/s. Am I missing anything?

I am using Apache/1.3.12 on Linux 2.2.16/Redhat 7

Thanks,

Edward Thomas