httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: RealMedia problem
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:46:59 GMT
Kopetzky Robin CIV AFSC/SEP wrote:

> Good morning.
>
>         I have a customer who wants to take the audio from their radio
> station and make it available through their website on our server. I don't
> know how to do this but I think there is a Real Media compressor out there
> somewhere. Does anyone in the group know how this works?? Could you mail me
> off-list since this is really not an Apache topic.

AFAIK (I nearly did it once) - you set up a RealPlayer Server as a
separate program. It uses a different port to serve the data stream and
sets up little server daemons to handle each "connection" - like apache.
You just point to the RP server from a normal page. Probably you have to
pay something although they might have a limited server demo for free -
check out http://www.real.com/

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.