httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Errors with PHP on Apache (Windows version)
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:06:08 GMT
Dave Kingsella wrote:

> I have configured Apache 1.3 on a Windows ME machine.  It appears to work
> fine until I try to access a PHP Script.
>
> I have followed the procedures to configure PHP, and have tested it from a
> command line, it appears to be working fine.
>
> When I imbed a PHP script in my .html file it is just ignored, If i build a
> .php file and call it from within my .html file I get various server errors
> logged.  Examples of server errors are as follows:
>
> [Sun Jan 13 07:50:08 2002] [error] [client 4.33.163.113] File does not
> exist: c:/apache/htdocs/scripts/..%2f/winnt/system32/cmd.exe
> The first error especially would indicate that Apachie thinks it is running
> on an NT machine.

This error has got nothing to do with your PHP scripts - it's what
happens when an external machine tries to infect you with NIMDA (or Code
Red - can't remember which...). You don't have to worry about this
because this is a IIS virus and apache is completely immune to it since
apache doesn't have the file it is trying to infect (hence "file does
not exist").

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.