httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Internal Error
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:10:01 GMT
"Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS)" wrote:

> I have a cgi (Perl) script to generate HTML output.
> When I call this script from my web url, I get the error as below. Does
> anyone have an idea as what could be the reason??
>
> Internal Server Error
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
> to complete your request.

This simply means that, as far as CGI is concerned, your script didn't
work. Check out
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html#writingacgiprogram for
details...

The main things to watch are:

- you must output a CGI header before all else,
- the program must run successfully as apache User
- the program must actually work!

You may like to look also at the ScriptLog directive - useful for
capturing STDERR from CGI scripts...

rgds,

Owen Boyle.