httpd-users mailing list archives

From Irmund Thum <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>
Subject Re: SUEXEC DOCROOT
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:19:54 GMT

> I got Apache 1.3.20 working successfully on my new RH 7.2
> system. Apache has been installed from the RH 7.2 CD by RPM.
>
> suEXEC has been enabled.
>
> Unfortunately the DOCROOT of suEXEC /var/www/ is wrong and
> I'd like to change it to /home/www/
>
> I don't know how I can do that.
>
> All documentations, FaQs and other sources are looking obsolete.
> /src/configure or suexec.h are not installed.
>
> I'm helpless at the moment.
>
> Is there anybody out there who knows the right way and can
> help me to get rid of that problem.

with that kind of installation this is not possible.
What about compiling apache by yourself?
Get the latest tarball from http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/
unpack the binaries, e.g, to /usr/local/apache1.3.22
and type
./configure --help
if you have successfully compiled the apache with your options (maybe
running on port 82)
you may stop the RPM apache on port 80,
copy the binary from /usr/local to /sbin (where the original httpd is -
type ls -lrt `find / -name "httpd" -type f` )
and replace the /etc/httpd.conf with the new one - change 82 -> 80;
or do the same with symbolic links,
since then your freshly compiled httpd is automatically started after
(rc) reboot

i.t